Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Foreplay: Texas Tech at Oklahoma (Open Thread)

*Fred Garvin*: Hey Copernicus....Get Your Guns Up!!! Texas Tech's offense is going to destroy OU! Get Your Guns Up!!! (Copernicus had to hear this endlessly on his 2006 Cotton Bowl Trip)


*Copernicus Lombardi*: Freddy G....Have you ever seen a Tech fan "get their guns up"??? It looks a lot like this:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/131/401386819_569b6ac419.jpg?v=0
Loser! Not sure what a "Sooner" is, or how it can "Boomer" someone, but at least they aren't walking around flashing the loser sign.


*Fred Garvin*: Hey Copernicus.....How come Texas will never fall into the ocean?
Because OU SUCKS!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLsw79LJZN0
I've never seen a clown like that at a Texas Tech game, but I've seen this guy (http://espn.go.com/media/ncb/2001/0323/photo/a_knight_ht.jpg) and he's pretty
damn cool! (http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfiles/people/k/knight_bob/knight-reed2.jpg)


*Copernicus Lombardi: *Hey Garvin, don't show me a picture of Knight. Hey Knig.....(choking sound...choking sound....pain, lots of pain)
- 1 hour later -
Please forgive me, COACH Knight, for not using your first name. If you can forgive me for that, I can forgive you for crushing my trachea. To be a recent retiree, you sure as hell have a strong grip.
Now, let's all join together and enjoy another (lame) Texas Tech Red Raider tradition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-W4qhmJUoE


*Fred Garvin*: I hope that Coach Knight wasn't too hard on you. He wanted me to send you a link to one of his favorite traditions from his basketball games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7RiC3Dduhk
Coach Knight's favorite OU Football Tradition is the annual crashing of the Sooner Schooner:
http://www.truveo.com/Off-the-Wagon/id/2263206336
Ah yes.....the Sooner Schooner crashing and burning just like the OU Football team.

No comments: