Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Morning Ramblings...

Welcome... Thanks for stopping by the WEATHER AND SPORTS blog.

I'm Copernicus Lombardi, named as half science legend and half sports figure. Kinda like that Old Spice commercial with the half-man, half-horse...

Except I'm not half of a horse. Other than that, it's the same.

COCK, BALLS!

Weather Hodgepodge:
Snow flurries are being reported in Crossville, TN this morning. How about that shit? I'd bet you one dollar that this will be a cold winter in the South.

New Auburn Coaching Candidate? It's also being reported that Tommy Tuberville is hoping to find someone good at running the "Spread Offense" - which relies on spreading it wide and occasionally taking deep shots down the middle.

The early leader for the job?

Jenna Jameson.

I know, I know...Pic foul!! But we're trying to keep this blog relatively safe for work. At least I think we are. I need to check with Supreme Blog Overlord Fred Garvin on that...

Rocky Top Report: Phillip Fulmer is in deep shit, but this will get interesting towards the end of the season. Losing to Georgia, Alabama, and Florida in the same season is excusable. Losing BADLY to all three of those squads is not. Throw in some fan apathy as a result of Fulmer's long tenure, and most think the jig is up for Phil.

However, look at their remaining games: @South Carolina, vs. Wyoming, @Vanderbilt, vs. Kentucky. Even in their weakened state, Tennessee will likely be favored in three of those contests.

Should the Vols pull it out at South Carolina this weekend, I think there's a good chance UT could win 7 and make a bowl. Probably not enough to save his job, but I do think it's enough to make the debate interesting.

I think the South Carolina game is pivotal for Tennessee's head coach. If he loses that one, I can see UT ending it next week - simply because they want to do it now before the Vols play very winnable games. It'd be a lot harder to fire him if they win out.

If I had to predict now, I'd say there is a 20% chance Phillip Fulmer is coaching at Tennessee next year.

1 comment:

Stormy said...

Snow in TN in late October. I love it!